Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Here's what's on my mind today.  It's pretty random.

- I'm so, so, so, so, so, so very Thankful the hurricane seems to be going on a totally different course than originally thought and it isn't expected to come anywhere near South Florida or any part of Florida for that matter!  Praise the Lord for that precious miracle!

- This cold refuses to leave.  Today I have a seriously drippy nose.  I've sneezed so much, every time I sneeze again I check to make sure my nose is still in place.  I bought some Tylenol Cold for daytime and nighttime relief.  I sure hope it works.

- I'm glad I attended Awana yesterday.  I wasn't feeling well, didn't have much of a voice, but we went and had a good time, and the girls are such an encouragement to me.  My group is third grade, though we have from third to sixth grade all together so I still get to see the girls from last year.  They're all loving and sweet.  How thankful I am that God put me to work in this ministry.

- When I look at these girls, I don't see 8 and 9 year olds.  I see tomorrow's leaders.  I see women authors, writing books of praise, or encouragement, or enlightenment.  I see missionaries, going to far off lands to help, encourage, and spread the Gospel.  It gives me a greater motivation when I look at these girls' potential to be used by God instead of just seeing little girls.

- I did great at Winn-Dixie today.  They had a lot of good sales, plus I had a $5 off coupon.  So I spent $69 and saved $57.  I was very pleased to get Duncan Hines cake mixes buy-one-get-one free.  At $2.19 each they're too expensive; Walmart has them for $1.25.  But when they're BOGO, each comes out to about $1.095.  It's the cheapest I've seen at any store in our area.

- Duncan Hines is my favorite cake mix.  I don't typically make it per the box instructions; I like to jazz it up a bit, and only Duncan Hines cakes turn out the way we like.  I'm hoping to stock up on some cake mixes.  I like giving cakes as Christmas presents to my neighbors (and they appreciate the sweet gift!).

- Another thing to be thankful for:  no school tomorrow!  It's a teacher's planning day, so the kids (and by association, me) get the day off, which is perfect since I need all the rest I can get.  Not having to get up early to get my son ready for school is a huge blessing!

- And speaking of school, E's science experiment is moving along very nicely.  His experiment is about cooking beans to see if they grow better.  So far, the only ones that have sprouted are the raw beans.

- My son is currently on the phone with his cousin, trying to convince him to come to our house for a sleepover.  I love my little boy, but why does he have to insist on doing this when I'm sick? :P

Wow, no wonder I'm tired.  My mind is going a mile a minute!  Maybe it's time for a nap.  If my nose stops dripping, of course.

No comments: