Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Question Friday


It's a dreary looking Friday today.  The rains started yesterday and are to go on until later on this afternoon.  The good news is, rain always comes before a cold front, and our temperatures are supposed to get back down again.  This week has been hot and humid, with temps in the mid to upper 80's.  With this cold front we go back to the 70's which is much more appealing.

Here I go with my 5 questions for today.  If you want to join in, visit Mama M at My Little Life.

1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood?
Praise and worship songs always get me in a good mood, but this time of year it's Christmas carols.  I mean, who can't smile while singing Jingle Bells or Frosty the Snowman?!

 2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one?
Due to my allergies we go with a fake tree that already has lights in it.  Less mess, faster to put together, and no sneezing and wheezing.

 3. What are you thankful for?
My relationship with Christ.  Three great kids.  Family and friends.  Church.  And the fact I'll be spending this Thanksgiving in Orlando this year.  Sometimes change is good.

 4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?
The one fashion fad I hoped would come back were prairie style skirts - and they did!  Now I own 3 of them and there's nothing else I can think of that I'd like to see come back.

 5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?
No.  I've always been told that is bad on the car's fuel injection system (whether that's true or not I don't know) so I wait till the tank is just under a quarter and get it filled up.  Thankfully this new Sonata is way more economical than my Montero Sport was.  I fuel up every 3 weeks now.  With the price of gas nowadays, that's a big blessing.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, you only fill up every three weeks! That is great! I love praise skirts too but I am so short they don't look good on me LOL. Happy Friday!

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I'm glad to hear you are getting some cooler temps! No matter how much I complain about winter - I really don't like hot weather... :0)

I love Christmas songs too-
I also have a fake tree that I love-
God is so good to us!-
I love prairie skirts too!
I'm not quite as good about filling up - but you are right, it is better to fill up before it get under half full!!

Thanksgiving in Orlando sounds like so much fun!

Hugs,
Barb