Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 16, 2011...

Outside my window...the weather is being deceptive.  It's mid-November, but it feels like mid-May.  The temps have gone up, and although the humidity is down from yesterday, it doesn't feel like fall anymore.  I want the cooler temps to come back!

I am thinking...about my little girl who is coming home today for the week.  Yay!  I'm so excited to see her, and praying for her safe arrival.

I am thankful for...Miss Sarah Josepha Hale.  She rallied the presidents for 17 years and worked for 40 years to have Thanksgiving declared a legal holiday.  Just goes to show how one person can make a huge difference if they persevere.

I am going...to do some quick cleaning around the house before my daughter gets home.

I am wearing...a black, tan and white top with a paisley print, black capris and brown flip-flops.  It's 76 degrees and sunny out.

I am noticing...the stores all decked out for the Christmas season.  Big Lots has tons of great stuff at really good prices.  I got E a little puzzle based on the movie Santa Claus is comin' to town.  It was one of my childhood favorites.

I am hoping...my daughter has a safe and uneventful trip home.  She's about 4 hours away.

I am pondering these words..."It's better to suffer for the cause of Christ than for the cause of Christ to suffer."

I am praying for...my daughter's best friend JB who went on a job interview this week.  Praying God's will for her, so she is in exactly the place He would have her to be.

From the learning rooms...E turned in his science project today.  Finally, it's done!  We've started our new character study today, sincerity vs. hypocrisy.  A good character quality to have.

From the kitchen...tilapia.  Yes, again.  We're eating more fish lately.

I am reading...The Frontiersman's Daughter.  I haven't had a chance to read too much, but so far it's pretty interesting.  And of course my Bible.  Today I was reading from Jude.

On my mind...Christmas, Thanksgiving, gift wrapping, food preparation, you know, the standard stuff for this time of the year.

Around the house...I need to vacuum again and basically just tidy up.  The house is pretty much in order.

One of my favorite things...Awana - that's tonight!

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...me and my siblings.


That's my brother, myself, my sister and her husband.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: