Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 29, 2011...

Outside my window...it's dark and the temperature is dropping.  We should be in the upper 50's by tomorrow morning.  That's cold by South Florida standards.

I am thinking...about my life, how even in the midst of storms I am blessed beyond measure.

I am thankful...that tomorrow is the last day of hurricane season, and Florida didn't get affected by any.  Thank You Jesus!

I am going...to watch a Christmas movie on TV or DVD.

I am wearing...my sleeping garb.  I showered, washed and dried my hair, and I'm ready to hit the sack.

I am noticing...the dryness in the air today.  It was rainy and humid yesterday.  It's like I'm in a whole other place.

I am hoping...my daughter gets done with her research paper in time.  It's one of her last assignments of the semester.

I am pondering these words..."When joy and prayer are married their first born child is gratitude." - Charles Spurgeon.

I am praying for...my family, my friends, my health, and a peaceful Christ-centered Christmas.

From the learning rooms...lots of math, fractions and decimals, and geography.

From the kitchen...since I was busy decorating the house, I kept it simple: burgers and fries.  The burgers were done on the indoor grill pan, and the fries were cooked up in the oven.

I am reading...a great devotional handed out at church this Sunday.  It's an advent devotional called Light.  I really am getting into it, as I want to immerse myself in Scripture this Christmas season.  I finished The Frontiersman's Daughter during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  It was a great read!

On my mind...changes that have happened, and the peace of the Lord.

Around the house...I've gotten lots of decorating done already.  The tree is up and it's beautiful.

One of my favorite things...decorating for Christmas.  This year I want to keep it simpler.  Every year I decorate like I'm moving to the North Pole.  This year I want to focus less on the decorating and more on the meaning of Christmas.  Yes, I know the meaning of Christmas, but I often get caught up in the whirlwind of shopping, decorating, baking, cooking, and I lose perspective of what's really important.  It's not about what I can do.  It's about what He's already done.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I want to put up the outdoor lights tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather will hold up (the weather lady said it's supposed to).  Awana tomorrow night, then we're pretty much free the rest of the week to watch more Christmas movies.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...Cinderella's castle in Disney World, Florida.


Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

What a wonderful daybook! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I look forward to getting to know you better. =) I love Spurgeon's quotes. God bless you. =)

Unknown said...

Thank You for visiting my daybook! I really enjoyed yours too. I am praying for you during your storm that you are going through. The bible verse you left for me is one of my favorite verses.
Rachelle

dtbrents said...

Your blog is so pretty. I enjoyed your daybook and was glad you visit today. Doylene