Saturday, April 14, 2012

Five Question Friday


Yes, I know, I'm a day late, but this time I have a good excuse:  the computers were acting up.  I was in the middle of a post when the computer began restarting for no reason.  Later on I went to my son's computer and the same thing happened!  I got frustrated and walked away, but I'm here this morning to do my Five Question Friday.  If you want to try your hand at it, visit Mama M at My Little Life.


1. Who mows your grass?
My hubby and son used to do it, but now that hubby has moved on and son is in Central Florida, it's little ole me.  I thought it was going to be terrible, but honestly it's no biggie.  Just like vacuuming, but outdoors.

2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?
No; I'm a bit more of a minimalist.  I have pictures up but not a one wall gallery sort of thing.  For me it's too much going on in one spot and that would make me dizzy.

3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)
That's easy, the Bible.  It's my life manual.  As to a specific book in the Bible that has influenced me, I think the book of Acts is very powerful.  Seeing how the early church took off and how the Gospel spread in the short time after Jesus' ascension into heaven is awe-inspiring.

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?
Yes - in March especially.  Benadryl seems to be the only medication that works for me.  Sudafed isn't strong enough, and products like Claritin that promise not to make me drowsy work a bit too well - I can't sleep at all.  My allergies are calming down now, though they may start up again as we're getting some rain.

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?
I'd love to say pasta, but my family isn't big on plain pasta with sauce; they like more meaty meals.  I always keep frozen pizzas in case of needing something in a hurry, or I can grill up some burgers on the stove top grill.

1 comment:

Nani said...

Outdoor vacuuming, hehehe...

My husband likes steak for something quick, BUT If I cook a steak fr him I have to cook a whole other meal for me - steak, tuck. So we do spaghetti as one of our quick meals. He gets beef, but I get lots of sauce to make it taste better! LOL