Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, April 11, 2012...

Outside my window...darkness.  Total darkness.  I can barely make out the trees.

I am thinking...yesterday would have been my dad's 77th birthday.

I am thankful...for the girls in our Awana group.  What a wonderful, sweet bunch of young ladies!  I love them so much.

I am going...to bed in the next half hour.

I am wearing...my jammies.  It's almost bedtime.

In the kitchen...I made tilapia today, which is funny because that's what was on my daybook last week.  I usually have tilapia once a week.

I am creating...hmm, creating.  I should really try to be more creative.

I am wondering...if Mr. Zimmerman has repented for having killed Trayvon Martin.  He's in police custody now, but how has he been living with his own conscience?

I am reading...my bible and my devotions.

I am hoping...justice will be served in the Trayvon Martin case, and that his family can move on from this tragedy.

I am looking forward to...spending some time with my daughter who is in town again for the weekend.

I am learning...a lot about American history.  I've been watching the miniseries America: The Story of Us on Netflix whenever I get a chance.  It's really interesting.

Around the house...I got quite a bit accomplished today, though I still have more to do.

I am pondering these words..."I've never been hurt by anything I didn't say." - Calvin Coolidge.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I'd like to take my daughter shopping to see if we can find her a nice dress for her graduation.  I'm thinking a summer dress, since the weather has been really hot and her graduation is outdoors.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: