Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, April 17, 2012...

Outside my window...it's H-O-T!!  Yesterday it had cooled down quite a bit after the rain in the morning, and today it started off pretty cool as well, but once the sun came out it has gotten hotter and hotter.

I am thinking...just 2 1/2 more weeks till my daughter's college graduation.

I am thankful...that my daughter has done so well in school and will be receiving her degree.

I am going...to wash my hair today.  The heat makes even my scalp sweaty.

I am wearing...a black and white floral top, black capris and no shoes.  It's about 85 degrees right now.

I am noticing...the weather, which has been warmer than usual across the country.  It makes me wonder if we'll be seeing more hurricanes this summer because the waters are so warm.

In the kitchen...baked slice of ham in the oven.  With pineapple slices, it's just so tasty and easy to make.

I am reading...through the Bible with my son.  At least that's the plan, one chapter every morning.  We read Genesis 2 today.

I am hoping...that I'm wrong, and we won't see increased hurricane activity this year.

I am wondering...about this pain in my elbow.  Is it arthritis?  I'm gonna have to get to the doctor and find out.

I am looking forward to...my son's FCAT exams to be over.  He took the math portion yesterday, and will have the reading portion next week.

Around the house...I got all the floors cleaned today, and moved the furniture around in the family room.  The house looks great, but I'm exhausted.

I am pondering these words..."The Pharisees minded what God spoke, but not what He intended....They were busy in the outward work of the hand, but incurious of the affections and choice of the heart. So God was served in the letter, they did not much inquire into His purpose; and therefore they were curious to wash their hands, but cared not to purify their hearts." - Jeremy Taylor.

One of my favorite things...is a bargain.  We found my daughter's graduation dress on sale at Sears for $35.99, and black patent flats at Payless for $16.99.  Yes!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, then nothing else planned in particular.  We'll see what the Lord has in mind.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Greatly enjoyed your daybook! Blessings.

Fresh Juniper said...

Very nice post. Congratulations on your childs graduation! I love bargains, too!