Saturday, June 30, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, June 30, 2012...

I am seeing...boxes in the family room, a totally new set up in the living room, sunlight streaming through the sliding glass doors, and my daughter moving about as she puts things away in her room.

I am feeling...grateful to have my 3 children under my roof again, exhausted from the move, and overwhelmed by the amount of boxes to unpack and work yet to be done to get the house organized.

I am hearing...my son in the bathroom, my daughter in the family room, the washer doing a load of laundry.  The sweet sounds of home.

I am tasting...pancakes and bacon with my morning coffee.  We worked hard yesterday.  We earned a treat today :).

I am smelling...breakfast smells.  That's a comforting smell if I ever smelled one.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: