Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, June 5, 2012...

Outside my window...I am happy to say there is not a rain cloud in sight (yet!).

I am thinking...of what to do next week, since school ends officially this Thursday.

I am thankful for...my son's reading teacher, all the work and encouragement she gave him this year, and how it has helped him tremendously.  His reading FCAT score went up 2 points, from a 1 (which was a failing grade) to a 3 (equivalent to a C).  It's an incredible achievement, and we are thrilled!

I am going...to feed Molly once I'm done with this post.

I am wearing...a light blue top, blue/grey skirt, and black flip-flops.  It is very hot and humid today, in the 90's.

I am noticing...the wind picking up.  That usually means rain is on the way.

In the kitchen...I made lentil soup today.  I just had a hankerin' for it.

I am reading...the same book because I'm taking it a little at a time and I don't have as much time for reading as I would like.

I am wondering...how my daughter is doing.  She's volunteering at a local orphanage today.  It's her second time; she volunteered on Saturday and worked with the autistic children.  I wonder if she's working with them again today?

I am hoping...it doesn't rain tomorrow or Thursday, at least till school lets out.  It's field day for the 7th and 8th graders.

I am looking forward to...summer vacation and all the fun plans we have.

Around the house...I cleaned both bathrooms today.  Yesterday I cut the grass.

I am pondering these words..."If we are not governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants." -
William Penn

One of my favorite things...is Molly's face when I'm getting her food together.  She looks like a puppy waiting for a new toy.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my son E has a birthday party to go to on Saturday.  Other than that, it'll be a quiet week, especially once school lets out.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: