Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, June 12, 2012...

Outside my window...it is a spectacularly gorgeous day!  Humidity is low, so even though the temperature is high it doesn't feel uncomfortable.

I am thinking...about a dear friend whose birthday is today.  I only just noticed it when I looked at the date on my computer.  I'm gonna have to give her a call.

I am thankful for...the lovely weather we had yesterday when we visited the Miami Seaquarium.  Hot but not humid, very breezy, perfect for seeing God's underwater creations!

I am going...to walk Molly in a little while.  Not quite yet, though.  The sun is out and blazing, which means the sidewalks are too hot for her to walk on.

I am wearing...a yellow t-shirt, brown and white shorts, and flip-flops.  This is my stay-at-home-cleaning wardrobe.  It's 86 degrees out and sunny.

I am noticing...some sinus irritation today.  I don't like that.

In the kitchen...there's kielbasa that I fried up with onions and added some tomato sauce to; I served it with yellow rice and mixed veggies, and tater tots.  A salad to go with it all, and I'm one happy stuffed mama ;)

I am reading...Genesis with my son, Proverbs with my daughter, and still reading In Search of Christian Freedom.

I am wondering...if God is closing doors and keeping only one open for my daughter.  If that's the case, then the answer is right there in front of her.

I am hoping...the weather is this nice on Friday.  Lord willing, we will be headed out to the zoo and a short visit to my aunt and uncle.

I am looking forward to...more beautiful, relaxing days with my kids, and having my older son here too.

Around the house...since we stayed in today, I vacuumed and mopped the floors, cleaned some furniture, tidied up one bathroom, cleaned up in the kitchen, and now the house is just the way I like it. :)

I am pondering these words..."Human things must be known to be loved: but Divine things must be loved to be known." - Blaise Pascal.

One of my favorite things...trips to places that are fun and educational.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we're going to the movies tomorrow to watch one of the free movies at our local theater, a picnic at our church (I'm bringing cupcakes!), a doctor's appointment on Thursday, the zoo on Friday, and church on Sunday.  Unless the Lord has other plans, of course.

Here's a picture thought I'd like to share...a couple of pics from our visit to the Seaquarium yesterday.

 Sea lions!

This area was hit by Hurricane Wilma in 2005 and has been fixed up.  The view is beautiful.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless!

No comments: