Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


After a week of partying we are back to our normal Everyday Rurality routine, our Chats on the Porch.  It's a nice, quiet, relaxing way to approach the middle of the week.  Please join me.


1.  Do you have any special plans for this fall?
I would really like to paint the outside of the house this fall.  It depends on the weather, and if our humidity levels go down.  We've lived in this house for 12 years now, and we've only painted the outside once.  It's in desperate need of refreshing.

2.  Do you collect anything?
I'm not a collector.  At least, not the kind that collects for the sake of having something to look at or because I enjoy having a certain something.  I collected stamps for awhile but got tired of it.  I don't like having things that don't serve a purpose. That doesn't mean I don't have pretty things around my house for decoration, I just don't like having excess of it.  Until Christmas, of course.  You can never have too much Christmas decor.  Hey, come to think of it, I do own lots of Christmas decor; I guess I'm a collector of that!

3.  Have you done any canning or freezing this season?
I have never canned or frozen anything.  I wouldn't know where to start, to be honest.

4.  Do you have a friend who lives far away? Where do they live?
I have several friends who live far away, but thanks to the internet we keep in touch, chit-chat and encourage one another.  One friend is in Arkansas, one is in Kansas, one is in South Carolina and one is in New Mexico.  I'm in South Florida.

5.  When in a store, restaurant, or other business, do you ever complain or praise to the management?
I'm not big on complaining unless I absolutely have to.  If the service I receive in a store or restaurant is unacceptable, more often that not I just won't visit that establishment again.  There's plenty of good businesses out there where I can spend my money.  I don't need to waste my time on places that won't treat customers with respect.

4 comments:

Clairity said...

I totally agree with not going back to a business with bad service. That's what I often do because it;s true what you said, there's always another store.

Patrice said...

I hope you're able to get the house painted. Paint can really brighten things up. We're on a long project to renovate our house. It's only taken 20 years. :P

I agree that not returning to a business with bad service is sometimes the thing to do. They say you "vote with your money".
Have a Wendell week!

Empty Nester said...

I started complimenting all the time once I discovered how rare it is that they get compliments. I don't know why people don't say when they like things- that's just as important as the complaining-even more so. I've got so much Christmas stuff that I don't appreciate it anymore. I'm ready to get rid of all except the very special pieces. The word of the year for me? Simplify! LOL

Breathing In Grace said...

I have painting to do, too. It went from winter to HOT, so I really didn't get a chance!!!