Friday, August 3, 2012

Five Question Friday


Ah, Welcome Friday!  It's been a calm week, busy but not frantic.  Lots of stuff going on at a pace I can manage.  I'm so thankful for that!  Friday means Five Question Friday and a trip to Mama M's at My Little Life.  Join me for a little insight on who I am.;)


1. What is a must in a hotel room?
I just want the place to be clean.  I don't care if there's chocolates on the pillows or scented soaps in the bathroom or a mini hair dryer.  I want the place to be clean.  Is that too much to ask?

2. Which Olympic event would you be best at?
Is cleaning an Olympic event?  I bet I could win at that.

3. What's your stance on the Chick-fil-A subject?
Do you really want to get me started?  I was at Chick-fil-A this Wednesday, praising God for the support they received.  The owner of Chick-fil-A stood up for the Biblical view of marriage and has been attacked like he's some sort of monster.  It's not Mr. Cathy they're mad at, it's God.  Rick Warren says it best (IMO):
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies.  The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them.  The second is that to love someone means that you agree with everything they believe or do.  Both are nonsense.  You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."

4. One thing you said you'd never do as a parent, but totally have.
Oh, there are several things I was sure I wouldn't do but I did anyway.  One of the biggest ones was letting my kids suck their thumbs.  I was sure I'd put an end to that right away.  The only one I was effective with in this respect was the youngest.  The two older kids sucked their thumbs even when I tried to stop them, and after a while I gave up.  I called it, learning to choose my battles.  Guess I hadn't heard about that before the kids were born.

5. What's the weirdest thing you've ever found at a yard sale?
I've never shopped at a yard sale.  I've gone to second hand stores, but I can't say I saw anything "weird".  Just old.  And outdated.  And people buying the stuff that was old and outdated, despite the fact that designers would tell you to update your house every couple of years.  I'm glad folks are being more resourceful than that.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Thank you for posting that quote from Rick Warren. I follow his twitter feed but missed that one. Wonderfully stated!

Cheri said...

Hah. I think most folks don't fully understand the idea of "choose your battles" (or a lot of other stuff) until they become parents!

Kim said...

I'm with you on the clean hotel rooms. There's nothing worse.

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

if you want to come to my house and test out that whole olympic cleaning thing, i won't stop you.