Friday, August 31, 2012

Five Question Friday


Do you ever wish for peace and quiet, then when you get it you miss the noise?  That's how I feel right now. My two older kids are at work, my youngest is with his dad, and I have the house all to myself.  Blissful silence...only, it's TOO quiet.  I want my babies back home :'(.  It's all good, though.  They'll be back soon enough.  In the meantime, how about some Five Question Friday, courtesy of Mama M over at My Little Life?


1. What do you enjoy doing the most with your spouse?
Seeing as I'm no longer with my spouse, is it alright to talk about what I enjoy not doing with him?  I enjoy not fighting with him everyday.  I'll leave it at that.

2. How do you eat your taco? From the top or from the side?
From the side, of course.  That way you get an equal mouthful of meat and toppings.

3. Have you ever shut off the basement light and ran like a fool because you knew someone was down there and would get you?
Hehe.  That would be extremely funny, since we don't have basements in Florida.  South Florida is swamp land.  Everglades.  This terrain wouldn't support a house with a basement.  It would sink.  In which case, heck yeah I'd run!

4. If you could change one thing about you what would it be and why?
I wish I could be more trusting.  I don't have a lot of close friends because I don't feel like I can trust people.  Unfortunately I've been burned in the past and it affects how I see people now.

5. What age do you think is appropriate to have the "bird and the bees" talk with your children?
I think it's different with boys and girls.  Girls mature faster, and they also start seeing body changes that are more, shall we say, traumatizing than what boys go through.  With girls I'd say between 9 - 10 years old they need to know some of the stuff that's going to be happening with their bodies so they don't wake up one day thinking they're dying of some horrific disease.  Boys, not so early, unless they're overly "precocious".  Each child is different, and each circumstance is different.  Environment has a lot to do with it too I think.  Children attending big city schools will probably need to be told things sooner than, say, a homeschooled child.

2 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed all your answers, we don't have basements in Texas either, but if we did I'm sure I would consider it a scary place. We had to watch Isaac closely too, AND, no, we certainly can't rest easy yet! Have a great week-end !

Nani said...

We could definitely share a taco lunch! I take little nibbles ask I get to the center to get the full flavor in a mouthful too!

It sounds like the boogey-man if you had a basement would be a gator!! :D