Saturday, August 11, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 11, 2012...

I am seeing...the sun evaporate the rain water left over from yesterday.  We got lots and lots of rain all day yesterday, but today we have loads of sunshine, which means it's gonna be a steamy hot day.

I am feeling...the need to check on the tropics regularly.  Hot summers means hurricane activity will be on the rise, and it's necessary to be prepared.

I am hearing...my youngest son getting up.  He's the first of the three this morning.

I am tasting...nothing yet.  Breakfast shortly.

I am smelling...coffee brewing, biscuits baking, sausages frying.  It's nice to smell breakfast smells, but what I long to smell is fresh air.  The summer has been so hot and humid that the windows have been tightly shut and the air conditioner regularly on.  I hope autumn makes an early appearance this year.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Kim said...

It's raining lightly here today. It feels so refreshing after the oppressive humidity all week. I just got home from a farmers market. Happy sounds, bright colors, smells of BBQ and fresh bakery goodies. Great morning so far.

Unknown said...

We are having fall like weather in Kentucky.

Love your blog. I’m following!

Cindy