Saturday, August 25, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 25, 2012...

I am seeing...the beginning of Tropical Storm Isaac as the outer bands are reaching us.  This system is so large that the center of the storm is in Haiti but we're already seeing the rain, and winds are picking up.  It's gonna be a soggy weekend.

I am feeling...a bit frustrated with myself, because I should have brought in the patio furniture yesterday but I didn't think we'd be getting this weather so soon.  I figured we'd get everything done today because the storm would start to come in on Sunday.  As my son would say, epic fail.

I am hearing...sausages sizzling, the tick-tick of the toaster oven, and rain hitting against the windows.

I am tasting...nothing as of yet, but I will be tasting some yummy pumpkin spice Eggos shortly.  They are so delicious!

I am smelling...coffee and sausages and hash browns and roses.  I'm sitting next to 250 roses that our church will be giving out tomorrow at the service to promote a couple's retreat.  I hope people actually show up for church; the weather could keep a lot of folks home.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

It does sound soggy in Florida! I hope that you only get wind and rain and not something worse!

250 roses - what a fun idea! A couples retreat sounds like lots of fun, hope you get a crowd!

Hugs,
Barb