Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, August 21, 2012...

Outside my window...after an early morning thunderstorm the heat index is through the roof!  Despite our high being 90 degrees, thanks to the humidity it feels like we're in the triple digits.  It's very lovely to look at from inside my air conditioned house, but I don't want to be out there!

I am thinking...wow, the 20 year anniversary of Hurricane Andrew is this week.  Hard to believe it's been 20 years since that category 5 storm came through and caused so much destruction in South Florida.

I am thankful...for my son's homeroom/civics teacher who proclaimed to the class that she is a Christian (yay!) and my son says she is amazing!  First day of class and already he was telling me all about Miranda rights and how even officers are not above the law.  She must be a great teacher to get them to memorize so much in just one day!

I am going...to rest for awhile.  I did a lot of work this morning, redecorating the house again.  Pictures forthcoming.

I am wearing...a white tank top (I was wearing another top over it but it's all sweaty so I removed that layer), black capris and black flip-flops.

In the kitchen...I made my version of bourbon chicken (without bourbon) and white rice nice and early because my daughter said she'd be home for lunch.  Then she texted me that she wouldn't make it because she only got a half hour for lunch today (she's doing some training).  I guess she'll have it for dinner.  It was delicious, by the way.

I am creating...a more comfortable home, less furniture, better configuration.  I feel so much better now that the house isn't as cluttered.

I am wondering...if tropical depression #9 is going to reach us.  It's expected to become Hurricane Isaac within the next couple of days.  It appears to be headed towards Cuba but there's no telling yet if it'll come to Florida or go into the Gulf of Mexico.  My son says he'd like to see it disappear into the ocean.  I agree.

I am reading...Sixteen Brides, still.  I read a little everyday, but what with school starting up and daughter with her new job and doing all sorts of work in the house, there isn't much time for reading :(.  I do read my Bible and devotions each morning, though.

I am hoping...the pain in my index finger subsides.  I'm really not liking this arthritis thing.

I am looking forward to...my daughter coming home and seeing all the work I've done in the house.  She's gonna be so surprised :D.

I am learning...to be content with what the Lord gives me, which is way more than I deserve.

Around the house...I'll need another post to show all I've done today.  I'm gonna try and get it up today, though I have to admit I'm super tired.  Moving furniture is hard work, even with my oldest son doing most of the lifting ;).

A favorite quote of the day..."Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years." - Charles H. Spurgeon.

One of my favorite things...decorating without spending money.  I like getting a whole new look in my house without spending a dime!  There used to be a show on HGTV that taught that - Decorating Cents, it was called.  I miss those types of shows.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we kick off our Awana year tomorrow with a pizza blast - that'll be fun!  I'd like to get some bowling in, but that depends on homework load and everyone's schedule.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: