Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 28, 2012...

Outside my window...the blue skies and sunshine are a very different view from the rain, wind and flooding we had just yesterday from Tropical Storm Isaac.  There was tons of water in our yard that thankfully has receded.

I am thinking...about the folks in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida Panhandle who are feeling the effects of now Hurricane Isaac, and what awaits them with this soggy storm.

I am thankful...that the Lord protected us during the storm.  We never lost power, and while our yard did start to fill up with water, it never got into the house.  We were safe and sound the whole time.

I am going...to blow dry my hair once I finish with this post.

I am wearing...a BarlowGirl t-shirt, jean skirt and black flip-flops.  It's currently 84 degrees out, with 78% humidity, so it's hot and sticky.

In the kitchen...we had baked pork chops, baked beans, string beans and salad.

I am creating...nothing right now.  We've been too busy preparing and un-preparing the house for tropical storm Isaac.

I am wondering...how my family is doing with the storm so close.  I have an aunt and cousins living in the Florida Panhandle.  I pray they're safe.

I am reading...still on Sixteen Brides, but I'm over half done with it.  I know, it's taking me a long time to read, but again, prepping for a storm takes a lot of time.

I am hoping...my daughter is okay.  She texted me that she cut her finger.  Ouch.

I am looking forward to...another 3 day weekend - Labor Day.  We have nothing planned, but I love it when we have 3 day weekends!

I am hearing...the Duggars.  There's a 19 Kids and Counting marathon.  It's one of the few times I watch network television.

Around the house...there are a few flower arrangements.  Roses that were to be used for a couple's retreat promo at church never got given out thanks to tropical storm Isaac, so we were allowed to keep a bunch of them.  Roses are so pretty!

A favorite quote of the day..."You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving." - Amy Carmichael.

One of my favorite things...is watching hour after hour of the Duggars.  Nope, I don't get tired of them!

A few plans for the rest of the week...we have Awana tomorrow night, and that's about it.  I'd like to get some bowling in sometime this week.  We need the exercise!

Here's a look into my day...to me, this explains so much.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

So glad to hear that you weathered the storm - and that the sun is shining today! You were in my prayers all day yesterday.

Hope your daughters finger is alright... :0(

I love the Duggers, I watched it tonight too! They are one of my favorite families - so much faith, they inspire me!

Hugs,
Barb