I'm sitting in my dining room, sticky and uncomfortable after having given Molly her much needed bath. If it was hot and humid before, now that we had that tropical storm roll through it feels like a sauna outside. Just taking the dog for a 15 minute walk leaves me feeling weak from the heat.
- Here's something to be thankful for: while we were focused on Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac, tropical storm Joyce, Hurricane Kirk and TD #12 all formed, and all stayed in the Atlantic Ocean. If they all go on the same path, this could be a much better hurricane season than anticipated.
- I joined my daughter this morning for what was supposed to be a 40 minute oil change on her car. It turned into a 1 1/2 hour wait. It bothers me when my schedule gets knocked out of whack like that. Oh well, at least we got to have Chick-fil-A for lunch :).
- We stopped off at the library to return some books after school. Only the library is now closed on Thursdays. Or maybe it's always closed on Thursdays and it's the other library that's closed on Mondays.
- I also made a trip to Barnes and Noble this week, to purchase The Adventures of Tom Sawyer for my son E who will be reading it in school. As I looked at the books in the Required Student Reading section, what should I find but volume one of the Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes! I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, Tommy and Tuppence, Hercule Poirot and all those classic English whodunits. I've been wanting to buy Sherlock Holmes to add to my own library instead of always borrowing it from the public one. Now I can pick up volume one whenever I want. I'm a happy camper :D.
- We started our first official night of Awana last night. I get to work with the third grade girls. These are the girls that were Sparks last year and have graduated to T & T so it's a new experience for them. My girls from last year have moved up to fourth grade, and they were begging to stay with me. It made me feel so loved! I still see them every week, since T & T, which runs from third to sixth grade, all meet together. We just split the girls up for book time, but even then we're all in the same room. Still, it was sweet to have the girls ask for me, and to know that I made a positive impact in their lives.
- I'm gonna have to get my son yet another pair of uniform pants. Before school ended last year I bought him 2 new pair of pants to replace 2 pair than no longer fit. A couple of weeks before school started again I told him to try on all his pants to see if they fit. He brought me 2 pair that no longer fit, and said the other 3 were fine, so I bought him 2 new pair. Last week, he put on one of the old pair, and to my surprise it looked like he was gonna walk through flood waters. This kid is growing faster than I can keep him in clothes, and he's only 12 years old. Not to mention, his dad bought him a pair of sneakers at the beginning of the summer size 8 1/2. I bought him new sneakers for school, size 9. I think he's gonna be a big boy.
I'm sure I can think of lots more things to share, but I can't concentrate right now. I want a shower. Molly is now inside after her bath. It's my turn. Good night.
Photo Friday . . .
5 hours ago