Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


It's a lovely day out, perfect for sitting on the porch with our friends Patrice and Wendell over at Everyday Ruralty.  Grab a cup of coffee and join us!


1. What's your favorite kind of sandwich?
I like the Subway Club.  It has turkey, roast beef and black forest ham, with anything else on it that I happen to like which would be tons of veggies.

2. Do you have more photos or artwork on the walls of your home?
I think I have an almost equal amount of pictures and artwork on the walls.  I have more photos on tables than on the walls, but I do have a few pictures on the walls, all of them pictures of my kids.

3. Do you switch your wardrobe(clothing) when the seasons change?
No, because in South Florida the seasons don't really change.  I have one jacket that I've had for years, which I wear maybe 3 times a year.  I have several sweaters and long sleeve shirts that don't get worn often either.  For the most part I can wear the same things all year long.

4. How do you keep your recipes: books, cards, computer?
I have 2 recipe books, one that I use when I print recipes off the computer, and one that I print recipes on fancy paper because it's pretty.  I do have a few cookbooks as well.

5. What are you looking forward to the most in the month of September?
Less humidity so that I can do some work in the yard.  It's been too hot this summer to do anything outside.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I love all of your thoughts today and yesterday - what a fun way to get to know each other.

I love Subway too, but I love the Veggie Sub, so delish!

Hugs,
Barb

Empty Nester said...

It really has been too hot this summer...and it seems to have come back this week even worse! I am so beyond ready for fall- cooler temps would be nothing bring me nothing less than pure joy!

Patrice said...

I can't believe the humidity we have right now! Yikes!Subway Club used to be a favorite before I had to go gluten free. I guess you wouldn't need two very different wardrobes in Florida.I'm with Empty Nester- I'm SO ready for fall. Have a great week!

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

Love chatting with you on the porch, FYI I am singing the Subway $5 dollar footlong song LOL
Have a great week :)