Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


It's nice to relax in the middle of the week with Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty for some chats on their porch.  You can join them here.


1. What's the last thing that made you cry?
Unrepentance.  It's painful to see people do what is wrong, knowing it is wrong, but showing no remorse for doing what's wrong.

2. Have you ever had any small pets, other than cats or dogs?
We used to have a fish tank with goldfish and angelfish.  We had them for years.

3. Waffles or pancakes?
Oh my, that's a tough one!  I love both!  I totally love buttermilk pancakes, but I also love crispy, fluffy waffles with pecan syrup.  Oh, I can't choose!  Don't make me choose!

4. Do you like politics? We don't need to know who you want to vote for if you are in the US, facing the upcoming election- just asking if you find the whole thing interesting.
I don't enjoy politics at all.  I firmly believe in the right to vote, and that every American citizen has an obligation to go to the polls and make their voice heard.  But politics is nothing more than mudslinging, lies and deceit.  It's empty promises made by selfish leaders who like to tickle the ears of the American people so we believe in them.  There are decent politicians out there, but they are few and far between.  It's very discouraging.

5. Please fill in the blanks: If only I could____________then___________.
If only I could reverse the hands of time, then my kids would be little again and I would take more time out to play with them.

3 comments:

Patrice said...

It is painful to see people who don't repent. I think angel fish are pretty. I won't make you chose between pancakes and waffles- here, you could stack the plate with both! Your #5 answer was touching. I'm sure you showed your kids plenty of love. Have a good rest of the week!

Empty Nester said...

I keep trying to reverse time, but it just never works. I forgot about our goldfish! I will take waffles over pancakes, but I won't refuse either of the choices. LOL

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

I'm not making you choose Arlene you can have both!! loved your #5 I find nothing interesting in Politics.
Have a super week :]