Wednesday, September 19, 2012
It's that time again, time for some Wednesday Hodgepodge, courtesy of Joyce, From This Side of the Pond.
1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
The best thing is probably all the lessons learned, good and bad, that I can pass on to the younger folks so they can ignore me until they get into trouble themselves ;). The worst part so far, is having to dye my hair at regular 4-6 week intervals so no one will notice I have more grey hair than black.
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
I love how the humidity levels start to go down and it becomes pleasant to go out for a walk again. I love that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means Christmas isn't too far behind!
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I am TOTALLY a fan of everything pumpkin spice! Currently I have pumpkin spice Eggo waffles for breakfast every morning. I baked a pumpkin spice cake for the kids at the orphanage my daughter works at, and they were very thankful for that blessing. I'm anxious to try the new pumpkin spice swirl bread by Pepperidge Farms, and Hershey's pumpkin spice Kisses. They go on sale at Publix tomorrow. :D
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
Not that any fall is a good one, but a few months ago I was putting in a new ceiling fan in the family room. I was up on a ladder, and as I was climbing down I took a misstep and landed really hard on my left leg. I fell backwards onto a recliner (thank the Lord!) but I was limping for a couple of days because my hip hurt so bad.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
I can't think of anything. I guess it's because I don't like clutter.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
How about Hodgepodge? Let's face it, that's not a word you run into everyday.
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
I can't remember ever locking myself out of my car. My son has locked me out of the house when I've been working in the backyard, but he does it because he thinks it's funny (boys have a warped sense of humor).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's kind of a bummer reading about cooler weather up north and we're still in the upper 80s in South Florida. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the warm weather. I am not a fan of cold weather. At.All. But I do wish the humidity would take a hike. There's nothing more pleasant than taking a walk in the park when the weather is just right, low 70s with a nice breeze and low humidity. I'm really looking forward to that again.