Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


Welcome to another friendly chat day with Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty.  With the weather here being in the upper 60's, breezy and filled with sunshine, I think it's the perfect place for a porch day.  Join us!


1. Are you planning on doing most of your Christmas shopping in stores, or online?
Good question!  I've done some shopping online and some at the stores.  I look for specials in the stores, and if I can find prices better than Amazon then I shop at the stores.  Otherwise, I love the convenience of going online from the comfort of my home and saving on gas :).

2. Have you ever been to a bonfire?
No, I haven't.  I've lived in the city or suburbs all my life.  No bonfires allowed here :(.

3. What would "simplifying life" mean to you?
Getting rid of satellite TV.  There's nothing on television worth watching, anyway.

4. Tell me about one blog you really enjoy reading.
Well, there's Everyday Ruralty of course.  But I guess you mean other than this one ;).  I love reading the Lockwood Family's blog (you can read about the Lockwoods here).  They are a missionary family living in and preaching the Gospel in Baja California, Mexico.  It's a very encouraging blog.

5. Have you ever had someone who isn't in your family, but felt just like family?
When I was growing up, there was an elderly lady that took my dad in when he first moved to New York.  We called her Grandma Carmen even though she wasn't related to us.  She was as sweet as anyone could be, very loving towards us.  She passed away many years ago but I still have nice memories of her.

6 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

I agree with your answer about TV. If it weren't for my hubby, I think I would get rid of ours, too!!!

HeY J said...

I hardly turn the Tv on most nights I do enjoy the Voice singing show right now :)
So this is Janice I once again had to change my blog, I am now erasing all the old stuff so as not to have unwelcome stalkers. Please pop over and follow @ lovintheday22.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

amazon.com is the best!

Clairity said...

I'm totally with you where TV is concerned. There really is nothing to watch. None of my kids are into TV either LOL.

I love looking for bargains too :)

Sherri said...

I hate tv too. We loose so much time in front of the "boob tube", that it isn't funny. Have a great week.

Patrice said...

I thought I'd been over here for this Chat before today. We hardly ever have on the TV. We used the set mainly for watching movies. Hubby does like sports every now and then. I was going to try to do more online shopping this year, and totally avoid store- then this sale circular for Black Friday came to my attention... Oh,no! I can't stand crowds. :P
Have a good weekend!