Monday, November 19, 2012
Monday Quiz About Me
Welcome to my Monday Quiz post, courtesy of Heather at Acting Balanced. Heather provides 4 questions, and I get to ask one question for my guests to answer on my blog. Are you ready? Here we go:
1. What are you thankful for this year?
That my two older kids don't have to work on Thanksgiving and we can all be together.
2. What was your special dish that your parents made for you while growing up?
My mother's lasagna was something we looked forward to. She had to be in the mood, though. She'd make her own sauce and shred her own mozzarella, and for a family of 6 it meant a lot of work.
3. How long are you willing to wait for someone before you give up?
For someone to what? To show up when they are expected? A half hour. To call? Maybe a little longer.
4. What is your favorite quote, poem, song lyric or prayer?
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6.
And my question:
5. New recipes for Thanksgiving, or tried and true ones?
I'm sticking with the tried and true menu that my family loves. Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, salad, and crescent rolls. You can never go wrong with the family favorites.