Monday, November 5, 2012

Move It Mondays Update

I've gotta post this and give some praise to God for His goodness!

On Friday, as I was doing my grocery shopping, my car radio started acting weird.  It was playing a CD, when suddenly all the controls froze.  The CD player was still working, technically, because the CD was still playing, but I couldn't get any of the controls to work.  I couldn't raise or lower the volume, I couldn't take the CD out, I couldn't switch to radio; it simply would not respond.  When I got to Walmart I turned off the car and hoped that when I came back the radio would have reset itself and would work.  Quite the opposite happened; the radio was completely dead.  It wouldn't turn on or anything.  Worse yet, the CD was still in the player and I had no way of getting it out.

I knew I'd have to take the car to the dealership to see if the radio was still under warranty, since the car is just 15 months old, but I didn't have time on Friday, and I certainly didn't want to go during the weekend when the dealership is packed.  It wasn't anything urgent, so I decided to wait till Monday.  Saturday I went out shopping and to dinner with my daughter, and the radio didn't work.  We went to church yesterday morning, and still nothing.  I was prepared to spend the morning getting the radio fixed.

This morning, as we got ready to have breakfast, my son E and I prayed and thanked the Lord for a new day, for the food He'd provided, and while I was at it I prayed for the car radio to be fixed and not to cost me anything, since I wasn't sure the warranty would cover the radio.  I got in the car, turned the key, and to my shock and surprise the CD started playing right where it had left off on Friday before getting stuck!  I pressed the button to remove the CD, and it popped right out!  The radio works, the CD player works, everything works as though nothing had ever happened!

It reminded me of Jesus' words, "You have not because you ask not." (John 16:24).  It's not that God can't do for us what we want, it's that we don't ask Him because we think our request is too menial, not important enough to bother God.  But He wants us to approach Him with all our requests, all our desires, and trust that He will take care of them.  He certainly took care of my car radio!  Thank You Jesus, for Your kindness and generosity!


1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I love that story! What a blessing for you - those things can get pricy. What wise counsel the scriptures hold for us!! God is indeed wise in all things!

Hugs,
Barb