Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, November 27, 2012...

Outside my window...it's a little warmer today.  Or rather, the humidity is up so it feels warmer.  The temps have been steady these last few weeks.

I am thinking...of my friend whose son just got back into the States after spending 9 grueling months in Afganistan.  Praise God he is back safe!  I'm thankful to God for His protection, and to this young man for putting himself on the line to protect my freedom.

I am thankful...that my youngest son's science project got chosen for the science fair!  We worked hard to get it done and turned in on time, and his teacher said it was solid and great.  I'm so proud of my little boy!

I am going...to do my hair in a little while.

I am wearing...a blue paisley top, jean capris and flip flops.  It's 77 degrees but the humidity and dew point are in the 60% range which makes it feel warmer and stickier.  Plus I was putting up Christmas lights so I needed something comfortable to wear.

I am noticing...a pain in my neck.  No, literally.  My neck muscles are sore from all the Christmas decorating.  I could really use a massage.

In the kitchen...we have leftovers.  It's leftover day.  My son, however, doesn't want leftovers.  He feels he deserves to dine out because of his science project going to the science fair.

I am creating...a warm and cozy home.

I am reading...very little lately other than my devotions.  I've been real busy decorating.

I am hoping...the lights look nice.  It took a couple of hours to get them strung around the roof line.

I am looking forward to...a friend's baby shower this weekend.

I am hearing...my son singing.

Around the house...I've got my tree all set up and lit, the little village on the table next to it, everything looking festive and Christmas-y.

A favorite quote of the day..."Christ is not valued at all unless He is valued above all." - Augustine.

One of my favorite things...hearing my children sing.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana starts up tomorrow again.  Saturday is the baby shower, and church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: