Thursday, November 29, 2012
Okay, I'm late. It's Thursday. But in my defense, I've been crazy busy decorating the house for Christmas. I haven't even taken pics to post because I've been running around till I run out of energy (I'm no pink bunny). I'll try to get back on schedule by getting my Hodgepodge post up, even if it's late. You can too, if you hop on over to Joyce's, From This Side of the Pond.
Four hodgepodges til Christmas in case you were wondering.
1. With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
I like gifts that are wrapped and topped with a bow. Bags are nice too, but there's just something about stacking boxes under the tree that makes me smile.
All my gifts are wrapped. They are all purchased too. I have some books on order that haven't shipped, but otherwise I'm done.
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
The new Tim Hawkin's DVD, Push Pull Point Pow. Tim Hawkins in the funniest comedian I've ever heard/watched. He's a Christian, so none of his comedy contains foul language or sexual innuendos so common with today's comedians. And yet he's hilarious. I told my kids if they don't get me this DVD I will disown the three of them.
3. What makes a home?
The people. I can be at home in a dump so long as my babies are near.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
I was a fan back in the day, when I was a kid. Not as much now. I prefer rock music.
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Green, definitely. It's my favorite color. I like pretty much all shades of green. Well, except neon. That's a bit loud.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
True! I like bacon with my breakfast, bacon on my burgers, bacon wrapped around pork tenderloin. The flavor is like no other.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
When my two older kids were little, we'd go to grandma's house for Thanksgiving and come home late enough that both were asleep or almost asleep. Once they were in bed, I'd get to work decorating the house. The tree would go up and get decorated, all kinds of decor would appear, and the stockings would get hung with a surprise inside. I loved hearing them get up in the morning, hearing their oohs and aahs as they went through the house, then cheer as they found a special something (usually a cassette tape of Christmas music) in their stocking. I can't do this anymore, since the tree is much bigger and it takes me a couple of days to decorate the house instead of a few hours, but it's a memory my kids and I still treasure.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
December is almost upon us, and so are birthdays. My sweet brother-in-law has a birthday on the 13th, then mine is on the 14th. My nephew's birthday is on the 19th. We'll celebrate Jesus' birthday on the 25th, then my daughter and youngest son will have their birthdays on the 27th. No, they aren't twins. My daughter A turns 23 and my son E will be 13. They are exactly 10 years apart. For us, December is an especially special month.