Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
It's time for some chatting, so I'm joining Patrice, Wendell, and all the gang at Everyday Ruralty on the porch.
1. What's your favorite ornament on your tree? If you have no Christmas tree, please tell me about something pretty in your home that you enjoy.
I found an ornament a few years ago of Santa kneeling in front of the cross and praying. It made me think of St. Nicholas who was a devout believer, and the Santa Claus the media has portrayed him to be. If Santa were real, he would still bow before the Lord.
2. What do you do when a telemarketer calls?
Thankfully I no longer have a land line in my home, and I rarely get telemarketing calls on my cell phone. If I don't recognize the number I don't answer.
3. What was the last kind of candy you had? Admit it- you had one tiny little bite. We understand:)
I had a pumpkin spice Hershey's kiss after lunch today. I still have a few left. They are so yummy! I'm gonna miss them when they're gone.
4. Do you send out Christmas cards? If not applicable- do you use snail mail?
I send out only a few Christmas cards. Most I give out to my neighbors in person.
5. Please finish this. I sometimes wonder___________________________.
I sometimes wonder why God puts up with having to teach me the same lessons over, and over, and over again. He really must love me to be so patient.