Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, December 11, 2012...

Outside my window...the bright sunshine is still there, though only for another hour or so.  By 5:30pm it's just about gone.

I am thinking...of my daughter, and the trials she faces everyday working in a children's home.

I am thankful for...a pantry filled with food, and a home filled with love.

I am going...to my son's school at 5pm to purchase uniform shirts.  He's grown so much this year I can hardly keep up.

I am wearing...a mint green top, green/brown/black geometric designed skirt, and black flip-flops.  It's a balmy 83 degrees out, with high humidity and dew points.  I miss last month's weather.

I am noticing...fewer homes decorated for Christmas this year.  However, the stores are more packed than usual.  I guess everyone's using their money for gifts, not decor.

In the kitchen...fried tilapia, plantains, rice medley (which my daughter said was really good), and a salad.  Oh, and broccoli.

I am creating...well, not yet, but I'll be creating some scrapbook pages for my son's scrapbook soon.

I am reading...very little lately.  I'm running around a lot.

I am hoping...the temps start to drop into the low 70s again.  It doesn't feel like Christmas when it's this humid out.

I am looking forward to...my birthday celebration on Thursday, and my actual birthday on Friday.

I am hearing...a video game my son is playing.  He plays to wind down after a hard day of learning ;).

Around the house...I was able to get some dusting and vacuuming done, plus one load of laundry.

A favorite quote of the day..."How many observe Christ's birthday! How few, His precepts!" - Benjamin Franklin.

One of my favorite things...saving money!  I saved a bunch this weekend when I went to Kohl's to buy my son new school pants.  It was great!

A few plans for the rest of the week...my birthday luncheon on Thursday, my actual birthday on Friday, and Friday night is our church's Christmas concert.  What a way to spend my birthday, listening to Christmas carols!  I love it!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: