Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, December 26, 2012...

Outside my window...we are expecting a warm day followed by a drop in temperatures.  We've gone from 80's to 40's to 70's to 50's and back up again.  It's been hard to dress for.

I am thinking...of the wonderful blessed day we had yesterday with friends and fellowship and food and gifts and joy and love.

I am thankful for...God, who left His heavenly throne to be born as a baby in a barn and laid in a feeding trough, so that I could one day accept His gift of salvation and live with Him forever.  My mind cannot wrap itself around such enormous love, but I am so grateful for it.

I am going...to be helping my son with all the homework he got from his teachers for winter break.  I was not happy about that - it's vacation time for Pete's sake!

I am wearing...my pj's.  I'll get dressed shortly.

I am noticing...how well my kids get along, and it makes me very happy.

In the kitchen...I'll be making Mexican style chicken and vegetable soup.  It's a family favorite.

I am creating...a picture in my head of how I'll be putting the furniture once the tree comes down.  It's a habit of mine.  I'm always looking for new ways to decorate my home.  Even as a teenager I did it in my own bedroom.  I guess I haven't outgrown it.

I am reading...my devotions and nothing else.  Just haven't had time to sit and read.

I am hoping...our friends have a smooth trip to their new home in Sweden.

I am looking forward to...more birthday celebrations - my daughter turns 23 tomorrow, and my son turns 13 the same day.  They are 10 years apart.

I am hearing...the silence of a warm winter's morn.  All I hear is the clock ticking and the computer fan whirring.

Around the house...I'll have to pull out the vacuum cleaner again because Molly is shedding.  Again.  Honestly, I pick up so much dog hair it's a wonder she's not bald.

A favorite quote of the day..."Who can add to Christmas? The perfect motive is that God so loved the world. The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son. The only requirement is to believe in Him. The reward of faith is that you shall have everlasting life." - Corrie Ten Boom.

One of my favorite things...being with my kids on Christmas morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my kid's birthdays tomorrow.  We'll be going out to eat and possibly visiting friends.  Church on Sunday.  Not much else on the program.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: