Wednesday, December 5, 2012
It's the middle of the week - how about some Hodgepodge? A little of this, a little of that. Join in at Joyce's From This Side of the Pond.
1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
I don't put a whole lot of stuff in the stockings, just one or two special items. It might be a gift card, it might be a video game. These get opened at midnight on Christmas.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
I get 8 hours of sleep. Well, I'm in bed for 8 hours. Lately I've been waking up anywhere between 4:30 and 5:00am. I toss and turn till it's time to get up. I don't think my body approves of Daylight Savings Time.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Hmm, let's see, the remainder of this year...it would do me good to give up snack foods. Unhealthy ones, I mean. It seems everywhere I go there's pastries or cupcakes or breads or something that is waistline unfriendly.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I don't, because I think a lot of what's printed is media hype. I'm happy for them that they are going to have a sweet little blessing, but the media will not leave them alone for one minute, and that makes me sad.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
I've never tasted a fruit cake so I can't vote either way. My favorite dessert with fruit? Apple pie.
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Lose 5 pounds. Only I don't see that happening unless I apply #3.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had my schedule for cleaning all planned out this morning. Then God decided I needed a lesson in "planning". My daughter reached for the chocolate almond milk to make her morning shake, when the carton slipped from her hand and went crashing to the floor, exploding on impact. There was chocolate almond milk inside, outside, under, and in front of the refrigerator. It took a good half hour to get it all cleaned up. I'm happy to say I didn't get flustered or angry because my well-laid plans got waylaid. That's what would have happened in the past. This time we just cleaned it up and went on with our day. It was a good feeling to know that a little mishap doesn't ruin my day anymore. Thank You Lord.