Wednesday, December 19, 2012
It's been an incredibly busy week, but I've carved out some time to get my Wednesday Hodgepodge post up. You can too - hop on over to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, to join in.
1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
I'll be at home preparing a special present for my special little boy :)
2. What is one thing you are not?
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor?
Not a huge fan of fudge. I prefer cake-like desserts like brownies.
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
I'm not a craft fair sort of person. When it comes to giving homemade gifts, mine come from the kitchen. I bake cakes for my neighbors.
5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?
I like a small intimate gathering more than a large party. Just a few friends/family is enough for me. Lots of conversation and good food.
6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
I haven't thought about it too much. I prefer to take life one day at a time.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our weather has been crazier than usual this month. Our summer was hot and humid, October and November were gloriously cool and dry, but December has been an unpredictable mix of both. For instance, this morning it was 62 degrees, cool but humid. The high was a whopping 82 degrees, with the humidity having dropped to 64%. Friday temps are supposed to get down to the 40's. What next, snow in South Florida?! We never know what to expect!