Saturday, August 17, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 17, 2013...

I am seeing...a newly mowed and trimmed lawn.  My kid's dad decided to come over and clean out the shed, take care of some yard work that needed done, chop down the dead mango tree, etc.  It took a full 6 1/2 hours to get all of that done.

I am feeling...thankful that the work is done and he's gone.  Our relationship is very strained at this time.  Part of me appreciates all the work that got done; mostly, though, I'd have been happy to do it myself.

I am hearing...my boys taking their sister's phone away to stop her from playing Candy Crush.  My oldest son insists it's an evil game, hehe.

I am tasting...nothing now.  We had burgers for lunch.

I am smelling...burgers.  I had to make them on the indoor grill because I didn't want to grill outside and have grass clippings on the food.  Not the kind of green stuff that gives burgers their flavor.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: