Sunday, August 18, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, August 18, 2013...

I am seeing...a clear day, palm fronds waving mildly in the breeze. Our breezes haven't been pleasant lately. The weather has been sweltering. We get up into the 90's everyday, and with a high dew point it feels like we're in the 100's. I'm hoping for some relief from this humidity soon. 

I am feeling...a little sad for my youngest son. Today is his last day of vacation. School starts tomorrow, back to the old grind. I'm gonna miss having my little Monkey around. 

I am hearing...sausages sizzling in the pan, the toaster oven ticking, and silence throughout the rest of the house. 

I am tasting...nothing now. It's my turn to bring our Sunday school breakfast. Well actually, it was someone else's turn, but I traded because last time it was my turn we were in St. Augustine. I was gonna go to Costco yesterday and buy food but there was too much activity going on in the house. I'm gonna stop by Publix and pick up croissants and something sweet. 

I am smelling...my youngest son's breakfast. He's a slow mover in the mornings; if I don't have his breakfast for him he'll drag his feet and we'll never get out of the house. 

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: