Friday, August 2, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 2, 2013...

I am seeing...the sun blaring through the windows, and my plants crying out for relief.  I think I'd better water them.

I am feeling...kinda sorta nostalgic as I look at the pictures from our trip to St. Augustine.  It seems like such a long time ago, yet it was less than 2 weeks ago we were there.

I am hearing...my son singing.  Loudly.  And my daughter finally getting up.  Their older brother left for work a couple of hours ago.

I am tasting...nothing at the moment.  What I want to taste is a tall glass of water.  My throat is dry.

I am smelling...nothing, which makes me wonder if the automatic air freshener dispensers are working.  Maybe they need new batteries.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

It's been hot here too, along with the wind, and dry lightning - that makes a very dangerous situation for us in Idaho!

It seems like I have to give my poor outside plants a big drink every day, sometimes twice!

I love to hear my kids sing - give him a hug for me!!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Hugs,
Barb