Thursday, August 22, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, August 22, 2013...

I am seeing...so much more clearly now with my new glasses! I don't have to take them off to read like I did with my old ones. I'm still getting used to the progressive lens, though. Despite the fact that I've had progressive lenses for years, each time I get a new pair I need a couple of days for my eyes to adjust. 

I am feeling...hot and sticky. I walk to my son's school in the mornings and afternoons to drop him off and pick him up. It's so humid out that even in the shade the heat is intense. The breeze today is pretty warm too. I'm glad to be back in the air conditioning. 

I am hearing...my son playing some zombie game he got for free on Xbox live. My two older kids have been enjoying it. I don't get all the zombie hype myself. 

I am tasting...the spice from a pork roast I made in the crock pot. I got the recipe off the Pioneer Woman's blog. I love her show on Food Network. This pork recipe is for pulled pork which my daughter loves. I have to remember not to add so much chipotle in adobo next time. It's mighty spicy!

I am smelling...roast pork of course!

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: