Thursday, August 29, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 29, 2013...

I am seeing...lots of white puffy clouds in a pretty blue sky, palm trees dancing in the breeze, a barbecue grill that hasn't gotten much use because days like these are few and far between.

I am feeling...tired.  It has been a busy, hectic week.  Took my car to the car dealership because ever since my tires got rotated it sounded like a helicopter taking off.  I figured it was probably the way the tires had worn, but I wanted to be sure, since I transport valuable cargo in my vehicle.  After 2 1/2 hours waiting I found out I was right.  :P  Last night was my son's school open house which was also exhausting.  Not to mention that I've been polishing the floors this week and doing major house cleaning so I can start decorating for fall.  I'm beat!

I am hearing...an airplane in the distance, and my oldest son in his room, occasionally laughing at something he's watching.

I am tasting...meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  Not trying to brag or anything, but this meatloaf is so flavorful!

I am smelling...bacon.  I cover the top of the meatloaf with slices of bacon which gives it a yummy, smoky flavor, and the smell of bacon is one of my favorite smells.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: