Saturday, August 31, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, August 31, 2013...

I am seeing...lots of sunshine, which is nice after days of clouds and rain. The weather forecast calls for a soggy Labor Day weekend, but it hasn't happened so far. 

I am feeling...excited because September is here tomorrow, and that means fall is just around the corner. I'll be decorating the house for fall and looking forward to a drop in this intense heat and humidity we've had all summer long. 

I am hearing...music coming out of my son's headphones - the boy must be hard of hearing - and the ticking of the toaster oven as breakfast is prepared. 

I am tasting...nothing - it's what I'm gonna be tasting that has me dancing a jig. Pumpkin spice Eggos are back! I was so happy to see them in the store, along with Pepperidge Farms pumpkin spice swirl bread. The tastes of fall - yum!

I am smelling...sausages and hash browns. The best part about Saturday mornings is the breakfast :)

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: