Sunday, September 1, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, September 1, 2013...

I am seeing...hazy sunshine drying off yesterday's intense rain after a couple hours worth of thunderstorms. 

I am feeling...like I can't keep up with this boy! My youngest son is down to one pair of jeans because he's outgrown all the rest. His pants look like new because basically, they are new. He wears them for 3-5 months and they no longer fit. And he hates to go clothes shopping! Ugh!

I am hearing...the quiet of my home. We're setting off for church in a few minutes. My daughter already left, and my youngest is waiting for me to say, "Let's go," so he can put on his shoes. 

I am tasting...pumpkin spice swirl bread! I had missed that yummy flavor. I'm glad I found it!

I am smelling...the scent that most reminds me if fall: pumpkin spice. I love the smell and taste of pumpkins. 

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: