Monday, September 16, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, September 16, 2013...

I am seeing...my youngest son eating a bowl of cereal while watching a show on Hulu. My oldest son is watching the original Star Trek episodes. Outside it's cloudy and gloomy looking. I can't remember a year when we've gotten so much rain. 

I am feeling...yucky today. I have an upset stomach and my back hurts. I'm taking it easy today. 

I am hearing...the music from a cartoon, and Molly barking to come back inside. 

I am tasting...nothing. I had lunch a little while ago, meatloaf patties with mashed potatoes and green beans. Dinner isn't for a couple hours yet. 

I am smelling...chocolate from my son's cereal. He's on his second bowl. My boy doesn't care much for cereal, but every once in a while he starts craving it. So I keep a box of his favorite cereal, Krave, on hand. 

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: