Monday, September 2, 2013

Observing My Senses

For today, September 2, 2013...

I am seeing...the sun start to go down on this half sunny, half rainy Labor Day. We got some pretty severe thunderstorms this afternoon. 

I am feeling...better than yesterday. Yesterday there was a volunteer youth group meeting which I attended even though I'm not a youth group volunteer; a friend of mine asked me to come. They had pizza and soda for everyone, and I had some Coke. Big mistake! I haven't had soda in a long time, and my kidneys didn't appreciate the foreign substance. 

I am hearing...the show Taken. I've never seen it before. It's a crime show. 

I am tasting...Tums. I have some heartburn. 

I am smelling...my clean home. 

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I'll keep saying it until it sinks in: I wish you and your brother would start taking maintenance heartburn meds. The damage it does to your esophagus is not worth just "dealing with it", especially because when you *feel* the heartburn, it means it's already been doing damage for at least 20-30 minutes.

Arlene said...

I tried Prevacid and it was awful. My stomach felt worse and it gave me a headache. My insurance doesn't cover the prescription medicine the doctor wanted me to take.