Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Time to Tackle Tuesday

I woke to some chilly and refreshing weather today.  It was 63 degrees, breezy, and rather gloomy.  I'm glad the day became sunny later on.  I don't mind the cooler weather, and I certainly love the lack of humidity, but I don't care for dreary looking days.  My kid's love it; they say it feels more like Christmas if it's cold out.  I don't know where they get this.  They've lived their entire lives in South Florida.  They've never experienced a "cold" day - the coldest we've ever gotten is 38 degrees, and that's been in the mornings.  It quickly warms up into the 60's.  I don't know what my kids would do if they found themselves up north in a snowstorm, or on those days when it seems like the sun is never gonna come out.  Give me warm weather any day.

We "geared up" for another slow school day.  E had a collaboration project to do in his leadership class.  He logged on, did the project, and had to save it so he could submit it to the teacher.  When he tried to save, the screen went black.  He waited to see if it would come up again, but as he waited the teacher came on to see if he was still there.  He couldn't answer her because his screen was frozen.  Finally the screen came back, but his portion of the work had been deleted, probably because he hadn't answered the teacher.  My poor boy, he really enjoyed that assignment too!  He quickly emailed his teacher to let her know what happened.  Thankfully the teacher said he just had to write what had happened and submit that.  Apparently the system was giving other people problems as well, so she accepted that he'd done the assignment.  After lunch he actually went ahead and did one of his Wednesday assignments and listened to his English tutorial.  Then we went for a run in the park.  It was so nice to go running in the cool weather while getting school done.

Our meal today was comfort food:  meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Add some green beans to the mix and we have a family favorite.  Honestly, we could eat this stuff for days.  What is it about meat and potatoes that makes us smile so much?

I had planned to watch a Christmas movie but I kept doing other stuff.  I got 4 baskets of laundry folded and put away, then put another load in the washer/dryer.  How do 4 people dirty so much clothing?!  After dinner we went running again, this time with our running group.  Some folks from the church where my daughter works have a running group that runs together twice a week, Sundays and Tuesdays.  E and I have taken advantage of the group for his PE class.  A couple of times we've walked to the meeting place which is about a mile from our house, but today I drove us there.  The temperatures were dropping: it was 63 this morning, and 55 by the time we finished running.  I didn't want to have to walk if it got too cold.  It actually didn't; or rather, we didn't feel the cold because we were walking.  My son E ran, but I walked with my friend since we'd both already gone running earlier.  It's a relaxing time of fellowship, encouragement and exercise.

My daughter is feeling a bit better today from her leg pain.  She's planning her birthday party for later on this month; my baby girl is turning 25.  A quarter of a century is a pretty big birthday.  She has quite a list of people to invite and can't decide on a menu.  I say give 'em pizza.  Everybody loves pizza.  And chicken wings.  You can't go wrong feeding people pizza and chicken wings.  They'll remember her party forever.  Besides, it's her little brother's birthday too. E turns 15 on the same day A turns 25.  His vote is pizza as well.  Problem is, my daughter has looked on Pinterest at all these food options, and at this point has overwhelmed herself to the point where she can't decide what she wants.  Oh, if they would only listen to mama.  She will, though.  I'm pretty sure she will.

It's past 10:00, and I'm getting tired.  It's only Tuesday and there's plenty more planned for this week.  God, give me the energy to get everything done!  Sleep tight everyone.

No comments: