Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wednesday - My Crazy Day

We've arrived safely to the middle of the week.  It's Wednesday.  My crazy day.

I call it that because it's my son's heaviest school day.  He has 3 live lessons back to back, plus all his assignments.  While he is required about 5 hours of school per day, Wednesdays will typically run into the 7-8 hour range.  Which today is not so bad, since he's a couple hours behind for the week.  But the week has been, shall we say, a tad out of the ordinary.  You just never know.

I woke up this morning to rain.  Again.  Let me explain:  this has probably been the wettest year in the history of Florida.  We had rain almost every single day this summer.  I'm not even joking.  I was babysitting my cousin's kids during school break, and my hope was to take them to the park for play and exercise at least 3 times a week.  We probably went 3 times the entire summer.  When it wasn't raining, the park was flooded.  We stayed indoors and played board games.  Lots and lots of board games.

Our hope was that, once fall rolled around, the humidity and rain would go down, along with our temperatures.  And it did, for a while.  The rain slowed, the days got cooler and breezier, I even had the windows opened.  This week, however, it has been totally unpredictable.  We get rain, then sunshine, then rain again, then blue skies - all in the span of an hour.  Talk about bipolar weather!  The temps have stayed in the upper 70's for the most part, which isn't bad, but we are yearning for some 60 degree weather to come back!

At 10 am it was time for my son's science class.  Lo and behold, it was collaboration day.  Collaborations are group projects that the kids do during class, and they are required 2 per semester for science.  Well, E had done both in previous collaborations, so he didn't have to stay in class.  Yippee!  It allowed us to get a bit caught up before algebra class.

Today is also Awana.  Awana is our children's ministry program at church, and I'm one of the leaders.  I teach 3rd grade girls.  It's a ton of fun, and I have a small but enthusiastic group this year.  They are pretty competitive, though in a good way.  Lots of comraderie going on.

It's also hair day - I wash and blow dry my hair twice a week, Wednesdays and Sundays.  Today I used a sample of L'Oreal's Color Vibrancy Conditioner that I got from Ulta, a beauty supply store in our area.  I color my hair about every 6 weeks so a good conditioner is a must.  I'll have to see if this one does the job.  I already use L'Oreal's Kerastase to protect my hair during blow drying and straightening and it leaves my hair feeling soft and silky.  Of course now that we're in the fall and the humidity has dropped a bit, my hair is looking sooo much nicer.  I hate how my hair frizzes up in the summer.  Fall and winter mean good hair days.

Lunch and dinner today consisted of a family favorite, Southwestern Style Chicken Soup.  It has chicken and veggies so it's really good tasting and good for the body.  We eat it with tortilla chips for some crunch.

Yeah, so, that's been my Wednesday.  We are almost caught up with school now, tomorrow we should be right on schedule barring any mishaps.  We're learning that there are no guarantees in life, no matter how much we plan.  It's okay though; God is in control.  Good night y'all!

No comments: