Friday, January 23, 2015

Finally Friday

Fridays are usually filled with activity at our house.  Whether it's school, shopping, laundry, or cleaning, something is always going on.  But not today.  Today I may as well have filmed an episode of Veggie Tales because that's all I did all day.  I vegged.

I wasn't feeling well; not sick, just yucky.  My head was achy, my back hurt, and I felt nauseous all day.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Quite the opposite.  There's certain times of the month when a girl just doesn't want to do anything but sit around.  So that's what I did.

The kid's dad came over looking for his mail.  He had the nerve to ask why the kids hadn't approached his mother at the funeral.  The same man that ignored his children the whole time we were there, wanted to know why his kids hadn't gone over to his mother, who has basically ignored us for the past 3 1/2+ years.  I told him that, and said we weren't there to make a scene, just to honor his grandmother.  He quickly changed the subject, but it irritated me even more than I already was.

Thankfully, I have my Beth Moore bible study to lift my spirits.  I'm already on week 1 day 3 and I only just started the study yesterday.  I'm certain I'll be caught up by the time Thursday rolls around if I keep up this pace.  It shouldn't be too hard - this book is almost impossible to put down!

My friend IV was extremely excited today, because she found out what artist is going to be performing at the Dade County Youth Fair this year during Christian music night.  It's Brandon Heath!  We love us some Brandon Heath!  I loathe going into Miami (the traffic is exasperating) and I'm not a fan of the fair, but I will put up with it just to go see Brandon Heath.  It was some much needed good news for the day.

Another highlight of the day: I got a 20% off coupon from Ulta.  This is great, because it means I can buy the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue with this coupon and the $3 off I have on my membership card.  A sample is supposed to be included with the eyeliner pencil order that shipped today from Bare Escentuals, and I am really excited to try it out!  I've used a tinted moisturizer sample that I got from Ulta and it works well under my foundation; Complexion Rescue is a tinted moisturizer, but it's also a BB and CC cream, and it's supposed to be hydrating.  All the things my skin is craving!

I put a nice piece of London broil in the crock pot with some onions, carrots, and beef broth.  This is set on low to cook overnight.  It takes anywhere from 10-12 hours to cook a roast in the crock pot.  The nice thing is, when we get up in the morning, the whole house smells delicious!  Heck, it's smelling wonderful already!

That's gonna be it for today.  Hoping for a better day tomorrow; trusting God for all my needs.  Good night ya'll.

No comments: