Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Middle of the Week

It's my goal to try and appreciate every day.  I don't like the whole "I hate Mondays" attitude that is so popular today.  I feel like every day is a gift, and we should enjoy each moment of every day.  Wednesdays are my challenge day in this respect.  I have to make it a point to look for the good in my busy Wednesday schedule.

I knew I had to be up early today.  My son had his first class at 9:30, and he doesn't move very quickly in the morning, so I had to make sure I got him up and running as quickly as possible.  He had a good morning of classes: music history, science, an hour to work on his science portfolio, and algebra.  Because today is Wednesday and we have church at night, I focused on him getting his time in, and getting as much work done as possible before it was time to get ready to go.  He managed to do his music reading, finished and sent in his science portfolio, and watched two of the four videos his algebra teacher assigned.  He was pretty confused during the class, but once he started watching the videos he seemed to get it.  The videos were more broken down and detailed.  Tomorrow he can finish the videos and take his first algebra quiz of the semester.  I'm sure he's excited.

Today I decided to try the Complexion Rescue sample in tan.  I figured it was probably too dark for my skin, but I wanted to see how it looked anyway.  Well, it looks amazing!  I had a nice, healthy glow to my skin without having to put on any other product.  I'm confused now - do I go with natural, which is a perfect color match for my skin, or do I pick tan instead, for that JLo glow?  I'm gonna have to try the natural again tomorrow, this time with nothing else on, and decide which I like best.  I didn't think it was gonna be this hard!

I made fried chicken for lunch and dinner.  I love fried chicken, but I hate the mess.  Thankfully I was able to keep it all under control.  After lunch I showered and washed my hair, then worked with E on his science portfolio for a bit before I put on makeup and fixed my hair.  It seemed like my day was rolling along well.

Awana went smoothly as well.  The girls in my group are wonderful, always prepared and always excited to learn.  The only part I didn't like was having to go outside.  Oh my word, it was cold out there!  Temperature-wise it wasn't cold; it was 64 degrees.  But the wind was blowing, and it was a chilly wind, too.  It made it feel lots colder than it actually was.  I was shivering!  My kids say they love it, but even my son E was shivering (he claims he likes to shiver; gimme a break).  We left on time today - usually we leave later because my son is hanging out with his friends, but today he wanted to get home early, which I was thankful for since I was freezing.  When we got home, we realized no one else was home.  That was strange; I thought for sure my oldest son R would be home from work.  We walked in, and the evidence of his coming home was all over my dining room table.  R has decided to build his own computer, and he's been purchasing the parts as he finds them.  Well, today was the day he chose to put his masterpiece together.  On the dining room table.  There's boxes and computer pieces all over the place.  I thought I might have a heart attack.  But then I remembered: be thankful.  For the good, the bad, and the ugly.  He'll finish putting this together, and it'll go in his bedroom where I won't have to see it.  It'll be okay.  Deep, calming breaths.

My daughter got home from work, then R got home a few minutes later.  He'd had to go back to work because he'd forgotten his phone.  Funny, when I was growing up no one had cell phones so no one missed them.  Now, you can't walk two feet inside your own house without the cell phone within arms reach.  My, but we've become dependent on those things!

I'm gonna wrap up this post.  I'm in a little corner of the dining room table, and my son has control of all the rest of the space.  Maybe it's best that I go to bed.  You know, before someone takes over that part of the house too.  It's been a good day.  A really good day.  Thank You Jesus.  Good night.

No comments: