Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sweet Saturday

What a gorgeous day today has been!  If the weather were like this all year long, I would be very happy :-).  I believe the high today was 73 degrees.  Humidity was low, breeze was cool but not cold, the air smelled sweet...it was the perfect day to be outdoors.  I wanted to be outdoors.  Alas, I never got further than the mailbox.

I had a load of laundry in the dryer since Thursday, and floors that had only gotten Swiffered a few times during the week.  I was so absorbed in school and meals and grocery planning/shopping, that I didn't give a whole lot of attention to the condition of the house.  It was dirty, ya'll.  There was doggy drool marks on the floors, all kinds of fingerprints on the glass tables, and dust piling up on the furniture.  I could not let this continue.  I had my breakfast, did my study in Daniel, then got to work.  I cleaned, dusted, vacuumed and mopped for 3 hours straight.  I even told my kids (the two younger ones; my oldest was at work) that they were in charge of lunch.  My daughter was not in the mood to be in the kitchen while I was whipping through the house like a white tornado, so she and my youngest son ran over to Publix and picked up some hot wings and frozen pizza.  You'd think today was Superbowl Sunday.  I didn't care: I was hungry and tired.  So long as I didn't have to prepare anything, I'd eat anything.  I had a great feeling of satisfaction, till I looked out at the patio.  It's gross.  And it's gonna have to wait.  I need the pressure cleaner for that, and my oldest son has to set it up for me - it's heavy and hard to start up.  I may get to it this week, otherwise it'll have to wait till next weekend.  Hey, at least the inside of my house looks fabulous.

After lunch I put away the laundry (finally!), then gave myself a manicure and pedicure.  I did my pedicure in a glittery bronze, then I did my manicure with the milky matte beige I bought at Target yesterday, with only the ring fingers in the glittery bronze like my toenails.  I like it, but I don't love it.  I think because the beige color is so similar to my skin tone, it looks like I've only done one nail on each hand.  It's not ugly; it's just not the best combination I've done.  I'm gonna keep it, but I think next time I'll just do the beige and leave the accent nail for when I use darker colors.

I'm pleased to say that this morning when I woke up, I could barely feel the pain in my eye.  The stye is almost completely gone, Hallelujah praise the Lord!  It itched terribly this morning, though.  That was bad, because obviously I couldn't scratch it.  Thankfully the ointment did stop the itching, and now the swelling has gone almost completely down and my eye feels normal again.  Thank You Jesus!

So even though it was a beautiful winter day in South Florida, I kept busy indoors.  Tomorrow is church.  I'm hoping it's equally as beautiful so I can enjoy being outdoors!  Hope everyone has a blessed evening.  Good night, sleep tight, pleasant dreams.

No comments: