Friday, September 5, 2008

I DON'T like Ike

My oldest son went with me today to buy supplies. Four cases of bottled water, 4 loaves of bread, 4 boxes of Kool-Aid pouches, a big box of potato chips, cereal, you know, all those non-perishables that are necessary when a hurricane approaches. We already had batteries, flashlights, a full tank of propane for the barbeque, and canned foods thanks to the scare we got from Tropical Storm Fay. But I couldn't fill my gas tank. The line at Costco was going around the corner. Thank God we have hurricane shutters for the windows; I can only imagine what Home Depot was like. Of course I also have a freezer filled with meat. Winn-Dixie (local grocery store) had some great specials and buy one get one free stuff that I took advantage of. Now I wonder if that was the best idea :-( . Living in the Southeast means contending with all kinds of storms. I try to always be prepared, but there's no knowing when or where the storm will hit.

That reminds me of the bible study my friend LN and I went to this Wednesday. We dropped our boys off at Awana and decided to join in the new study about end times. The important point made is that Jesus' return is like a storm; we know it's coming but we don't know when it'll happen. So, are you prepared?

Let me ask you all to pray for the Carolinas, who will be experiencing Tropical Storm Hanna very soon, and pray for Florida, the Bahamas and Cuba as we brace ourselves for the possible onslaught of Ike. Better yet, pray that Ike stays in the water, heads north and disappears. Yeah, let's all pray for that.

No comments: