Monday, September 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sept 15, 2008

To join in the fun, check out Peggy at http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

For Today...
Outside my Window...the sun is out and not one branch on our coconut palms is moving. It'll be toasty today!
I am thinking...that staying at home is the busiest job I've ever had (and the most fulfilling)
I am thankful for...my hard working husband who regularly tells me not to worry because I'm not working
From the kitchen...chicken and vegetable soup - my son R's favorite
I am wearing...a ratty, faded yellow t-shirt, ratty grey capris and flip flops. I kncow, I said no more ratty clothes, but today I'm painting the master bathroom so it's excusable. I'll shower and dress nice once I'm done.
I am reading...The Facts of Life and Other Lessons My Father Taught Me by Lisa Whelchel. Lovely testimonial.
I am hoping...the days will cool off just a little - it's been in the high 80's and low 90's. I like mid to upper 70's myself.
I am creating...a new look in my home - will get pics up during the week
I am hearing...the clicking of the keyboard. Hubby and oldest son left for work, and youngest is in school. I have the house to myself. Oh, blessed silence!
Around the house...I painted my daughter's room last week and it looks and smells nice. I'll post before and after pics some time today or tomorrow.
One of my favorite things...is the smell of a freshly painted house. Lots of people don't like the smell of paint but I love it. It smells like newness.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...paint master bathroom and dining room, and the boys room if they decide what color they want (takes my son R longer to pick a color than his sister!)
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you...please don't forget to pray for our brothers & sisters in Texas, especially those in the Galveston and Houston areas. Hurricanes are devastating, but aren't you thankful our God is stronger than the storm? May He forever be praised.
Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

HI! I saw that you needed some help with a home management binder, I have one on my site if you are interested, I thought it would give you some good ideas! Just look on the right column for the HMB!

Carrie @ Heart of a Servant
http://www.2livinglightly.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I alwaya put " clicking of the keyboard" for the "what I'm hearing part.

hope you get some relief from the heat.

--Kimberly (Simple Woman's Daybook Reader)