Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Week in Review

Well, my first week at home proved to be a busy one! I laugh at all the people who have asked me if I'm enjoying "the good life", meaning I no longer have a job so I'm lounging around at home. Let me make a correction right from the start: I do have a job, I just don't have a salary. Being a stay at home wife and mother is a huge responsibility, and I don't have all that much leisure time. I realize now that there were so many things I needed to get done but I continually pushed them to the end of the list because I had such a full schedule. I was working 9 hours per day, waking up at 5:30 am so I could get E ready for school and myself ready for work. Before leaving I had to make sure everything was cleaned up and I'd had my morning devotions. Then when I got home, it was dinner, laundry, homework, clean-up, baths, bedtime, and by the time 10:00 pm rolled around I was beat. Now I find that I'm still busy, but I'm getting things done and there is much satisfaction in that.

So, this week I was able to clean each room of the house except the kids rooms. I wanted to start prepping the bedrooms for painting, but I put that on the back burner thanks to Hurricane Ike. We needed to prepare for that first. I had errands to run every single day, plus all the household chores. One of the things I like best about being home, is having meals prepared early. It was awful to get home at almost 6:00pm to start dinner. Now, by early afternoon dinner is ready, and it gives me time to sit with my son E to do schoolwork.

I'm still a busy bee. I'm just not an overwhelmed bee. I feel like I can get everything done that needs to get done without the guilt of everything didn't get done. I'm attending to my family's needs, which brings me joy. It's only been a week, but I honestly feel like this is the best thing that could have ever happened to us. To me. Thank you Lord for bringing me to my home.

No comments: