Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 15, 2008

FOR TODAY December 15, 2008...
Outside my window...lots and lots of sunshine. It's 74 degrees and breezy. The weather is more like spring than late fall. My heart goes out to all who are under snow.
I am thinking...this was a really nice weekend.
I am thankful for...another birthday gone by, my daughter home from college, my son E feeling better after a bout with fever and a sore throat, my son R working.
From the learning rooms...college classes are done, and E finishes up school this week. He's so happy!
From the kitchen...pot roast in the slow cooker.
I am wearing...a brown tank top, brown and white shorts, flip flops. Did I mention it's going to be 80 degrees today?
I am creating...cakes this week, to give to my neighbors for Christmas.
I am going...to finish wrapping some gifts today.
I am reading...Genesis for my morning devotions, the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day (today is the 15th, so I read chapter 15), and 5 Psalms a day.
I am hoping...for a calm, relaxed weekend with my family.
I am hearing...my daughter singing and playing her guitar. I missed that sound so much!
Around the house...laundry, bathrooms.
One of my favorite things...is hearing my daughter worship the Lord with song. She's very talented, and has chosen to use that talent for God's glory. Praise Him!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Awana and Bible study on Wednesday, though my daughter will be at youth group playing so I'm torn which to go to. My friend LN is taking me to lunch this week for my birthday (which was yesterday, so it's belated). Taking it one day at a time from there.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...E's picture with Santa. Well, I will have it later on. Gotta scan it first. Stay tuned!
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Happy belted birthday! I enjoyed reading your daybook! May the lord bless your day with peace!

Anonymous said...

There is something about having one's children around at Christmas time that is truly wonderful. I do not know what I will do when mine leave....will they come back or will they have families and I go visit them?

Elaine H

Thia said...

It's so funny to hear how warm it is where you are while I watch the snowflakes fall!