Monday, December 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 1, 2008

FOR TODAY December 1, 2008...

Outside my window...there is a slight drizzle under grey skies. Thank the Lord for the rain. My allergies were acting up all week from all the dust in the air. As soon as it began raining, my stuffy nose went away. I can breath again!

I am thinking...it can't really be December already, can it?

I am thankful for...so much that I wrote a post about it (see preceding post).

From the learning rooms...E is having trouble with reading. He's a good reader but a slow one, at least from his teacher's point of view. We'll need to get some more practice.

From the kitchen...honey lime chicken. I make it on a grill pan in the kitchen. Technically we can still barbeque, since the weather's been in the upper 50's to mid 70's, but it's raining.

I am wearing...my pink "Got Jesus?" t-shirt, jean capris and flip flops.

I am creating...a winter wonderland in my home (pics to follow).

I am going...nowhere today. Too much stuff to do around the house.

I am reading...the last 3 chapters of Revelation, then I'm done with the New Testament. I plan to start all over but I've also got some other reading I need to finish.

I am hoping...my small group shows up this week. Everyone was out of town or leaving town last week for the holiday.

I am hearing...my oldest son in the kitchen.

Around the house...clean up the master bath. My hubby put tiled the wall, since we haven't heard from the insurance company and he was tired of seeing the hole in the wall. Finish decorating the house, and of course laundry.

One of my favorite things...is our tradition of decorating the home the day after Thanksgiving. It takes several days to get everything up but we all look forward to it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: our last small group meeting tomorrow, Awana & Bible study on Wednesday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...the Christmas tree! My daughter did most of the decorating, and I think she did a fabulous job. Love you and miss you my baby girl!




Want to participate? Just follow the link: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your tree is beautiful.
I have a little 4 footer - it's silver with fiber optics. We bought it when kylie was a wee lil thing - I wanted to be able to put it on top of something and didn't want her to be able to break the twinkle light bulbs.
But I love yours!!!!

The Savvy Mama said...

Your Christmas tree is just beautiful! Your daughter did a wonderful job.

Praying the work of your hands is blessed as you go about your week!

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you have a great week!

~Susan